Subscribers! Add a note to this movie and/or put it into one of your private movie lists.
When her boyfriend dumps her, Emily, a spontaneous woman persuades her ultra-cautious mom to accompany her on a vacation to Ecuador. At her insistence, the pair seek out adventure, but suddenly find themselves kidnapped. When trapped on this wild journey, their bond as mother and daughter is tested and strengthened while they attempt to navigate the jungle and escape.
Action Comedy - While this comedy has a big mother/daughter theme, it has appeal to
men as well as women due to its stars Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn,
whose fans will surely enjoy; and a bit of an action thriller plot.
Constant language and raunchy humor as well as some violence makes
the film not for kids. Other known stars such as Wanda Sykes, Joan
Cusack, and Christopher Meloni have smaller supporting roles.
PROFANITY: Over 30 F-words; 17 S-words; 1 GD; many others. SEX/NUDITY: Briefly seen photos of sex with nudity. VIOLENCE: Hits, falls, fights, sometimes played for laughs. DRUGS/ALCOHOL: Frequent alcohol. ACTION: Fights and chases. COMEDY: Banter, wisecracks, sight gags, physical gags, often raunchy.
Berardinelli, Internet CriticFull Review Good The movie is funnier than most so-called comedies and works as a breezy 90-minute diversion... ... it's a rare summer season film that isn't a sequel or remake and, as a comedy, it's more amusing than tedious. ...although Snatched isn't likely to take its place among the great action-comedies of all time, it's worth a recommendation.
Roger EbertFull Review Average Director Jonathan Levine has shown far greater skill in balancing a variety of genres and tones with his previous films...” Here, his mixture of action and laughs never quite gels. There's a lifelessness to the physicality and a shriekiness to the humor.
USA TodayFull Review Below Average By the time they have their sweaty heart-to-heart while on the run from bad guys, it fumbles because neither of the characters are particularly likable.
NY PostFull Review Below Average ...there are countless moments during which Hawn and Schumer simply stare at each other, seemingly as baffled as I was by the dullness of it all. The only thing snatched here was an hour-and-a-half of my life.
Note: The rating
above is our interpretation of what the critic would give this movie based on
their review. We are not affiliated with these critic's in any way.
OPINION OVERVIEW The following is the original "What's Worth
Watching" write-up for this movie.
Based on a theater exit polling of 80 moviegoers:
The moviegoer reviews are about as varied as the reviews from movie critics. It appears you're either going to really enjoy this movie very much or actually dislike it.
TEENS: One male loved it and one rated it very low. Both the females loved it.
TWENTYSOMETHINGS: The lone male loved it as did 60% of the ladies. Unfortunately, the remaining 40% only rated it "average," which is disappointing but not a bad review.
ADULTS: This is obviously not a movie for most adults. Only 20% of the males truly enjoyed it. A full 65% felt it was an "average" movie (enjoyable but nothing special or memorable). The remaining 15% actually disliked it. The female reviews aren't much better.. Forty-percent either loved it or enjoyed it very much, but the remaining 60% rated it "average" to "poor."