Navigation Bar - Text Links at Bottom of Page

GOOSEBUMPS

 
Links to Sections of this page
At Theaters: 10/16/2015 On Video: 1/26/2016
Rated: PG Length: 1 hr. 43 min.
Internet: Web Site Movie ID: 600645
Studio: Sony Pictures Inc.
Subscribers! Add a note to this movie and/or
put it in
to one of your private movie lists.
Notes: 
Storyline Heading
A teenager teams up with the daughter of young adult horror author R.L. Stine after the writer's imaginary demons are set free on the town of Greendale, Maryland.
DETAILED STORYLINE
.
Movie Type (Genre) Heading
Action Adventure Comedy - While this effects-heavy comedy/adventure based on the popular kids' horror novel series is aimed at the whole family, and most families will find it appropriate viewing, the horror elements and some intense action sequences may be too scary for very young kids. Fans of Jack Black of all ages should enjoy.
TOP
Cast and Crew Heading
Jack Black THE D TRAIN, BERNIE, THE BIG YEAR, KUNG FU PANDA 2
Odeya Rush THE GIVER
Dylan Minnette LABOR DAY, PRISONERS
Director: Rob Letterman GULLIVER'S TRAVELS, MONSTERS VS. ALIENS
TOP
Production Notes Heading
Production Information
TOP
Content Heading
PROFANITY: Two miscellaneous profanities.
SEX/NUDITY: None.
VIOLENCE: Hits, fights, and freezing.
DRUGS/ALCOHOL: None.
ACTION: Chases, car crashes, destruction.
COMEDY: Silly banter and sight gags; mildly crude toilet humor.
DETAILED CONTENT
TOP











Pictures © Sony Pictures Inc. ®
All Rights Reserved.

Critic's Review Heading

Roger Ebert Full Review
Good ...the movie is breezy and fun, offering thrills for kids and a nicely nostalgic matinee vibe for adults. ...the live-action cast is always engaging and often very funny. ...a lot of good creepy fun in spite of some dubious construction.

NY Post Full Review
Average What everyone will remember about "Goosebumps” is . . . nothing. Except that it was kinda like "Gremlins.” a special-effects extravaganza that skips over basics like coming up with an interesting origination myth for the creepy creatures who bring havoc to a sleepy suburb.

Note: The rating above is our interpretation of what the critic would give this movie based on their review. We are not affiliated with these critic's in any way.

TOP

Opinion Heading

Based on an Exit Polling of 47 Moviegoers

Ages Age Group
How
Many
Your Probability of
Enjoying This Movie
*
Would
Recommend
Movie To Friends
1-12Children (M/F)
10
Very High
100%
13-19Teens (M)
4
About 50/50
100%
13-19Teens (F)
10
High
100%
20-29Yg Adults (M)
1
Fairly High
100%
30+Adults (M)
7
High
100%
30+Adults (F)
15
High
100%
*Possible Ratings: Very High, High, Fairly High, About 50/50, Fairly Low, Low, Very Low.

About Our Opinions

Be sure to read the DETAILED OPINIONS
The positive and negative comments made by moviegoers are very
helpful when selecting a movie that's appropriate for you and your family.

TOP

OPINION GRAPH

OPINION OVERVIEW
The following is the original "What's Worth Watching" write-up for this movie.

Moviegoer Opinions:

Based on a theater exit polling of 47 moviegoers:
CHILDREN: They all LOVED "GOOSEBUMPS."
TEENS: Two males loved it and two felt it was just "average." The females enjoyed it more with 70% loving "Goosebumps" and another 20% enjoying it very much.
TWENTYSOMETHINGS: The one male rated it "above average."
ADULTS: GREAT REVIEWS from both the males and females! A full 85% loved "GOOSEBUMPS" with the remaining 15% indicating they enjoyed it very much.


D ETAILED S TORYLINE
Upset about moving from a big city to a small town, teenager Zach Cooper (Dylan Minnette) finds a sliver lining when he meets the beautiful girl, Hannah (Odeya Rush), living right next door.

But every silver lining has a cloud, and Zach's comes when he learns that Hannah has a mysterious dad who is revealed to be R.L. Stine (Jack Black), the author of the bestselling Goosebumps series. It turns out that there is a reason why Stine is so strange...

He is a prisoner of his own imagination - the monsters that his books made famous are rea, and Stine protects his readers by keeping them locked up in their books. When Zach unintentionally unleases the monsters from their manuscrips and they begin to terroize the town, it's suddenly up to Stine, Zach, and Hannah to get all of them back in the books whee they belong.
 Back to Storyline

(Use "BACK" On Your Browser To Return To Previous Pages)
|Home|Theaters|Video|TV|

Your Comments and Suggestions are Always Welcome.
Contact CinemaReview.com 

InstantKeys – Your #1 source to global news!

Images and Storyline(s) ©Sony Pictures Inc.®,  All Rights Reserved.
Movie Type, Review and Opinions © Cinema Review
  All Rights Reserved.

Find:  HELP!

Google

Google